Sunday, December 7, 2008

Alan's gone into rehab

It all started well, a walk into town, chat with my friend Julie at the Cafe, but no cream & biscuits cus they were closed to redecorate. Change of venue then, back along the paseo, and in the end to one of my other friends at The Terrace bar. There was a bit of chuntering from the head of the "bah humbug" society, Alan, as they were putting up Christmas decorations. It was only yesterday he was saying how the Spanish don't do Christmas like the UK, its not a big commercial, over rated and vulgar holiday for the giving of unwanted gifts bought with even more credit, because people will not be friends and speak again if they don't have their palms crossed with a gift of calculable value ! (yes his tirade was without punctuation as well ). Then it went quiet, and all that could be heard was the muszac..........then the chuntering started and tutting and his breathing started to get laboured, I thought he was becoming ill. NO it was explained to me that it was Cliff Richard and his Christmas songs "blasting" (his words but I think exaggerated) from the speakers. What a dilemma, Christmas decorations and Cliff Richard sings Christmas. I just got on with drinking the water that had been brought for me..... It may take some time for him to recover........we will be at his side.......It will be better when we get back to Priscilla, Christmas free zone ! Well not quite, the Dutch and Germans and some of the UK's have started to illuminate the site, Alan will have to take me out at night with his eyes closed.






Yesterday was fabulous ( although I did get a bit sluggish ) it was 21 deg around midday, we had breakfast and lunch outside, and went to the local bar along the bay, and all after I had been late rising. Knackered in fact, it was the morning after my night out. Julie had her birthday at the restaurant we went to a couple of weeks ago, and I had a personal invitation, and dads could take me ! It was fun, and apart from lots of cheesy garlic bread, grilled pork, fries, bits of steak, and a bit of gooey chocolate cake, I did have two of my friends on the floor with me, while they hugged me and got their pictures taken ( I am waiting for them to send copies so I can add them to my blog - watch this space). It was midnight when we got back, and that way past my bedtime.

The weather has returned to normal. We have had about 5 days of what the locals are saying is the worst and coldest spell they have had this time of the year. Its been about 12 - 15 deg during the day but at night as low as 5 deg. (around Malaga and Granada they have had snow). We had a 24 hour period of rain as well. But now its getting back to them being in shorts and tee-shirts, and me in the shadow of the "little red car" when we are not out on our busy schedule of bars, cafe and restaurants. I have been having to share the beach with lots of rubber clad locals using the disrupted weathers action on the sea, with strong high waves, with them on their surf boards, too active for our trio.

There was also a really unusual nightscape, with a crescent moon with Venus and the Space Station side by side, Well so I am told cus I had no idea why they had taken the camera out at night, (pity they wobbled - maybe my fault tugging on my lead to get some sniffing in - oops !



Well you have enough of our news, I need rest, tomorrow is forecast to nice (Bank Holiday = good weather , we'll get used to the idea !)

Pensaré en usted en mis sueños