Sunday, January 11, 2009

Its a week catch up

I've been so busy, I have been remiss in not keeping you informed of my life with dads in Spain.

Now busy has a different meaning here, busy seems to mean doing something in 3-5 days which could be completed before my second walk on day one !! So I've taken up (you have no option ) manana.

I have taken to heart a matter brought to my attention, incorrect spelling ! So I have been editing, and doing the corrections, sorry Colin and El Muelle and others, but I am dog not a typist !

Since my last posting we have seen the passing of "Three Kings Day" which is the main Spanish Christmas ( the kids get their gifts on the eve of 5 Jan and all the family open them on the 6th) We walked into the Port, and there were lots of Spanish walking in families along the sea front.

It was a nice sunny day, which is a bit of a rare thing just now. Its been such unusual weather, that I think the locals think the end of the world is nigh. The worst for over 15 years (just because we are here I think !), the odd sunny day, otherwise lots of clouds, and yesterday and particularly last night, monsoons. So much rain and wind, when Alan got my lead for my late night walk, I just hid and would not move. I think he has recovered from the surprise of me not wanting a walk, but I knew there would be wind up my rear, and you know how I hate that.

Our neighbours Clive, Rachael and Jake my mate, have left. And today I got an email about the journey back to France. 3 hours stuck in an 18 km stationary jam in deep snow. A lorry had jacknifed (what ever that means !) So it was a longgggggggggg journey home for Clive. He is planning to return soon, so maybe the European weather may have eased by then.

Before they left it was decided they would have and "English" night in Spain. They went with Clive and Rachael to town and had Cod, Chips and Mushy peas (you can guess me and Jake were left to our own devices), they said it had been a good food, and made a nice change after 3 months away from the UK.

Dad was looking at Spanish News today, and he says Madrid Airport was closed for over 5 hours, and the whole country is cold, snowy, frosty and windy. So being in 8 - 15 deg here is more than we can hope for. Our friend Val sent us some pictures of the snow in the South of France, I have got the humans to add a few to my blog.







Today (Sunday) cleared up nicely, so I got a good walk into town, and later dads returned (on their own - again !) to have lunch. Me missing out may have been my fault. We ate lunch out on Three Kings Day, and while we ate, a nice young black Spanish Labrador girl passed by. It was my luck her human decided to eat at the next restaurant. She was tied to the post next to them, and was playing with another local dog. I got a bit excited, watching, and forgot myself and started to howl and sing at her, when I was told I could see everyone was looking at me, so I was in the DOG HOUSE as humans like to say ! On leaving I did catch up with her but I was still excited so she looked terrified and cowered away - maybe next time !






Talking of departures, my new mate Colin (Julies friend) has returned to the UK, so he will be a Brass Monkey by now. Hi Colin (see spelt right), everything under control here at El Muelle (can spell this too), hope your journey home was OK. On our way back, a couple walking along the promenade, stopped and talked to me, to our surprise they were Italians, so Guy was in his element chatting to them in Italian, they can from between Milan and Como, so an area known to him. They had a Newfoundland, so even bigger than me, but he was at home.

That's it for now, nearly up to date, were just all feel better in being able to get out and about again, we get a bit stir crazy when the 3 of us are stuck inside the one room Priscilla.......

Am collecting some more jokes for future updates, so smiles on they way soon.

Leopold