Sunday, January 4, 2009

Manana & Madness

Well welcome to a "grey" blog update.

Grey sky's for nearly 10 days, and its getting us all down. It might still be about 16-18 deg during the day, but it's grey, which means we spend more time inside. Inside a SMALL room, and its can get a bit stir crazy, now we have been in Priscilla for 3 months. Then tonight the rain has started, so my walk is on hold, more time inside.

So to do things outside, dads have been doing all sorts of things, and not all have been a success, especially when I have been left out ( now there's a surprise !). In a mad moment, they decided to "pop" to Murcia, just up the road (apparently 50 mins) and as if they had "lost it" went to Ikea........

Sunday Lunch in the sun (without me !)

Now had I been involved in the decision I would have pointed although it was Friday and not a weekend, it was a HOLIDAY, schools out, offices closed between the festive days. No - they do it anyway, and it was Helllllllllllll. They came back and said it was the worst IKEA experience in there lives, made worse by mad Spanish roads around the commercial area of Murcia. Gardia with whistles blowing their lungs out at drivers who took no notice. Needless to say no purchase was made.

Now theres my plate of whipped cream, such nice service from my mate Julie at El Muelle.


Today they decided to have lunch out at La Cala, but again I was to be left at home. So it went wrong (how I smile). I got a walk along the promenade, around the marina and back, under they grey skies. They get me home, and they returned to town. It's Spain, so the restaurant did not open, not sure why, maybe its the Christmas/new year/ three kings extended holiday, whatever they lost it so could not be bothered to find another place to eat, came back a fired up the barbi and had some BIG steaks,(so it turned out OK for me - cus they had to share it to make penance for leaving me !)

At least its a friend giving me a cuddle, instead of all the strangers who stop me in the street

They have been to other shops and they have been closed with no apparent logic or alerted closing times shown, so the manana lost its smile factor.

More cuddles in the sun

Our neighbours went to Cartagena today, and returned saying it was manic. The local government has allowed the sales to start 5 days earlier that normal. Apparently shops cannot have a sale till after "Three Kings" (6 jan), dads were saying that would end the DFS sales in the UK !. They could hardly get into the huge car park, the queues were impossible, the things they went for were sold out, and McDonalds was bursting at the door.

This is my French mate Djone, he is just 3.5 months old

I think he may have the same paw size as me. and maybe the same devil streak !


The forecast is for some sun, and we are all getting desperate !!

We have been filling some of the grey days, going through the pictures my friend Val from London took wile she was visiting (and some pictures of my puppy mate in the South of France - Djone.