Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Julie gets a "Nobel Prize"

Well its been a bit grey for a couple of days, warm but grey. Its quiet on site, and also in town - so many people have gone home for the holiday (must be mad), but we are still having fun.

It's been a shopping period (not so much of a problem being in a shop when the sun is not shining, they keep saying (any excuse)! So we are fully stocked, and ready for the next war!

The sun returned today (Tuesday) so we went along the promenade to guess where ? El Muelle, Julie was there, but Ellie has returned home for a month. Julie's mate Colin was there, and we were telling them I had been accosted by a large Spanish family, who all wanted to be in a photo with me, (yawn), Guy had to say a bit of Spanish to tell them who I was and my CV.

It was while we were chatting that it was let out that Julie was getting an award. Apparently she has invented a new substance that is totally indestructible. They are still working out how it will effect the world, but tyre manufactures are worried it may put them out of business. Tyres made from Julies invention would last for EVER.

And all this was by an accident. She had begged Colin to bring a Christmas Pudding in his luggage, as she had a craving for a pud. On the day she read the instructions, and fired up the microwave. BUT then the surprise invention, the pudding was removed, and when they tried to stick a sharp kitchen knife into it, it bounced off. Also the inside of the oven was streaked brown, and every thing they have cooked after smelled of Christmas Pud (bad cus it reminds her of the tasty loss ). I am sure Kyle and Colin will forgive you soon. It must have been a malfunction in the Microwave, I'm sure an engineer could help !!

Colin telling me the story of Julies Pud

Consolation in the end - she had a €5 eye bath pud !

To end this blog update a few more smiles;

Paddy calls EasyJet to book a flight. The operator asks "how many people are flying with you ?" Paddy replies How the hell should I know, It's your plane !!

Two Irish couples decide to swap partners for the night. After 3 hours of amazing sex Paddy says " I wonder how the girls are getting on "

A man went to the doctors and told him that he thinks he is developing a hearing problem. Patient Doctor I think I am loosing my hearing" Doctor "Describe the symptoms?"
Patient Well Marg is short with purple hair, and Homer is bald and likes beer"!!

On a beautiful summers day, two English tourists were driving through Wales.
At Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgagerchwyrndrabwyllllantysiliogogoch they stopped for lunch, and one of the tourists asked the waitress
Before we order, I wonder if you would settle an argument for us please. Can you pronounce where we are very, very, very slowly ?"
The girl leaned over and said
"Burrr-Gurr-King"

and finally

I had a wad of English pounds I needed to exchange, so went to the bank.
Just one lady in front of me... An Asian lady who was trying to exchange Yen for Euros and she was getting a little irritated....
She asked the teller "Why it change ?? Yesterday I get two hunat Euro of Yen. Today I get hunat eighty ?? Why change ??
The teller shrugged his shoulders and said "Fluctuations"
The Asian lady says " Fluc you white people too"!!!

Don't have nightmares sleep sound !

Leopold