Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Well that was Christams !

Guy and me can now breath a sigh of relief, we don't have to think before the C word is spoken in conversation - at least for another year !. Alan survived it, and said it was great not be caught up in the commercial mayhem back home. He did do a traditional festive (nearly !) lunch - turkey with all the trimmings including Brussels sprouts (yes he found some in Spain !) even baked his own bread, followed by the smallest Christmas pudding in the world. They said it was the size of an eye bath and cost €5 (scrooge !). The English butchers had long queues for days, so they expected to be there for ages when they collected their order, but they were the only ones there, so were home in 20 mins.


No comment !

BUT we all sat outside in brilliant sunshine, we had an invite to join some of the other "campers" in the site bar, to eat then play a quiz. But they started at 1pm, we eat later (thank heavens), but it was nice to be invited.

The "Campers" lunch table (2 bottles !!!!)

It was also great when we went for after lunch exercise along the beach. There were a few campervans and cars on the beach, and families with lots of tables and chairs eating the C* festive food (nearly again) everyone having fun in the bright sunshine with the sparkling sea lapping the shore. (always thought of being a poet). It was a great day, we were well stuffed and guess what? they were a little stewed, now I know that may come a shock to some of you......

Can I just say you appear not to have laid a place for me!

We had popped down to the marina while the turkey cooked, I was nearly mobbed at my favourite cafe El Muelle, every one wanted to talk to me and stroke me, again........ I did get a nice cuddle from the very nice Port Policeman, and I licked his legs, I was getting envious looks from others in the cafe....... Julie said my mate Jake from next door on campsite had been down and told her he knew me, so he got some Spanish ham as a treat (no problem I don't like ham) It was great walk with all the bars and restaurants open on 25 dec, and people sitting out at them.

I'll just sit on your lap then, hold tight !

We also have been back to the restaurant La Cala, dads had been given a card to get free wine with their lunch (you see where were going ?) so they were even happier after a nice lunch ( I had nearly a whole garlic cheese bread ) when they paid they got another card for more free wine next time - so they will be going back.

So next its new year ( and we are still here - like winning the lottery !)