Thursday, October 16, 2008

On to another favourite - Saumur

No the day just got worse. Its just rain, rain, rain and more rain.

First they do there favourite pastime visit the supermarket wine lake, so there is now the clink of bottles when we go over a pothole.

We are travelling through the Loire and you can usually see some of the splendid Châteaux, but not today. Its just low cloud and them cats and dogs falling from the sky (stupid !)

Part of the journey is on the A28, I wrote of this motorway last time, but have to say again, dads love it. They say its like driving in the old days (what else do oldies say!) but I counted today. Over the first 80 km 19 cars shared our side of the road, and it got a bit busier with 38 cars and 1 lorry over the last 70 km. Most of the time it looked like it was only use using the road, BUT such pleasure does not come cheap, €35 toll for a bit over 200km.

So to the lovely site on an island in the middle of the Loire River, there is a fabulous walk for me right down to the tip of the island and so many trees and bushes for me to do what I do best - sniff.

We are on site and dad was smiling when he returned from booking in. When we were here earlier in the year, the Wifi was being put in the week after we left, so we were looking forward to being able to upload my blog from the comfort of Priscilla. I know you're ahead of us........ yes they have NO Wifi. We do have an new excuse, never been heard before - the bar has closed for the season so the network is closed to. So we will have to look for open bars as a guide to wifi availability !!!. There is one compensation, we had to go into town to the Wifi bar (that was open) and sit and have refreshments while they did mail, and sorted by blog.

We have decided to have a couple of days here, we will just have to put up with the chore of walking into town to go to the bar, which just happens to be next to a great patisserie (so that's tea sorted )

Got dad to take a few pics of the colourful trees on my walk this morning, it is a new day, and the skies are blue and the sun is shining. Lunch outside is perfect , and I have some other mates on site who keep looking at me I don't think they have seen anyone like me before, am I bovverd?







Off to town to upload !!


Distance 303km
Total 565km
Best diesel price €1.34
Tolls on sector €45