Saturday, November 22, 2008

I think the Martians have landed!

You know when things are not what they seem. Last night they were fidgety, and there were phone calls, and Guy kept wandering up to the entrance. Now this is not normal after 6pm, they have had there afternoon "Bubbles" and dinner is on the horizon, but not tonight. Then two cars arrive, one with a trailer, and they're chatting, and things seem to be unloaded. Then we are alone again, and there a bit of chuntering, something about "too late for Have I Got News for You". and then we settle for the night.

Morning walk as usual, 9.30 and its getting a bit hot for me, the sky is so blue, its looking like a nice day ahead. When I get back to Priscilla, there are open boxes and activity. I just go in to the cool and snooze. When I get outside, well what the hell is that ? Jodrell Bank ? Hubble telescope ? new internet dongle ? or have the Martians arrive and set up base camp ?


Could use this as a paella dish to feed all on site !


It then all comes out, and this will be news for all our readers. The contract on "The Little Red Car" has been extended..........for 4 weeks.......in the SUN........without - SNOW....FROST.......Credit crunch hysteria.....short walks in the damp gloomy grey world in the UK.
Sorry, I am so sorry that you cannot be with us, but someone has to soak up the excess rays, wander in the sun, and meet new interesting dogs down at the Marina.

Yes we are staying, and the only one thing that they could not stand any more was only having channel 5 TV and sky news. They have lasted a month without the good old BEEB, but no more, Guy had been on EBAY, and found a local supplier of the huge dish things that they say connect to the TV inside. So maybe its not extraterrestrial, and we are not going to be living next to little green dogs with owners with three eyes.......

Anyway after lots of stress and the occasional loud voice, they got it tuned in or what ever, BBC at the touch of a switch. They even have two new chairs for outside dining. They are also getting a Spanish phone number, for the spare mobile, so they can call locals, and even cheap calls back home.......they know everything!

So to all my friends, I will be back in the New Year.......are we all smiling ? You bet !

Other happenings, here on the Costa Calida - well Guy had to go to a dentist, and was not looking forward to it. There is a French Dentist in town. So he popped in and got an appointment the following morning. So impressed with the technology, he ended up with something called a "root canal" job, and when he came out an hour later, Alan was amazed he could eat and talk with no frozen face. Guy was also amazed at the service he said it was streets ahead of the BUPA dentist we had in London and MUCH cheaper. So they say if you need your gob serviced get down to Spain. They have such finesse in spoken English !!

Then there was my invitation to the launch of a refurbished restaurant in town. This was from my new friend Julie at El Muelle at the marina (this is my friend who get me water and nice sweet biscuits )The invitation did include dads, who were told they could join me. It was great, everyone had been told about me, so it was like a fan club meeting. The restaurant was "La Cala" and we had a table near the entrance and every one came up and chatted to me, while I was getting stuck into some garlic bread with cheese on....yummy...my favourite. Then I noticed they had free bottles of wine, no wonder they were happy to join me. They said the restaurant was very good, nicely decorated, and the food was very good. So that was the second night out this week for them. They had been to the Chinese a couple of nights ago, came back smiling. The bill for 1/2 crispy duck and 4 other dishes and a bottle (of course) was €22 even at there age they said they could not remember a restaurant with wine at €3.50 (they would never been in if they got this back home !!!)

So its getting time to settle down for the night, I am a bit drowsy as it been a bit hot for me today. Hope I am not going to dream of green dogs with 6 legs and 3 eyes.......if I do its their fault and I will get my revenge !