Monday, November 17, 2008

Still no cure found !

We are still here, there appears to be mo cure for manana, and we seem to be getting worse !


We originally decided that we would have 3 weeks on this site, but it was no surprise to me when I heard them on the phone extending the "little red car", so it another week (so they say!), which starts tomorrow.

The TV makes things worse, the news shows the "lovely" weather back home, and we look up at the blue sky and glowing sun (for those that have forgotten that the big yellow thing that used to be in the sky!) we all look at each other and there's no contest, ITS BETTER HERE! Its another bank holiday today, so there's less work today, if I notice any difference you will be the first to know. BUT it's different cos, its bank holiday and the weathers just as it is usually - SUNNY, DRY,WARM - HOT.......


No not Rio, but they are safe in Puerto Mazarron with this on the hill (unless it falls down !)

Next weekend is the "Sardine Festival". Dads say its a typical Spanish religious thing, started yesterday (why just do it on one weekend) with a procession from one end of the bay to the other, bringing the Madonna to town for the week (not sure if she has Guy Ritchie with her..... Oh sorry not that Madonna !) Next weekend it's the big one, lots of free food and wine Grilled Sardines feature well, a big procession back, with big and little horses (maybe I'll apply !) festival music and dancing and fireworks (hope they brought my ear plugs).


Out in the mid-day sun. Mad English man and sane me

All has not been perfect during the week, I got GBH. There were two new mates on site, and when I went down to the beach for my morning constitutional, they were at the end of the drive. I showed my usual eagerness to sniff them and say Hi, the next thing one of them buried his teeth into my face, pulling a chunk of fur off. I just turned away with dad and went to the beach, I could not believe it. Later dad looked at my face and I was horrified when he said there was blood and open sore and he had just caught my eyelid. It hurt more when he put some smelly stuff on my face, saying it would make it better, and he would keep an eye on it. Then he said the dreaded word "VETS" if it got worse, what's worse than the VETS.... but its got better with dad's help.... I've not let it change me. I still greet all mates, just have to be alert to baddies.


Red sky at night Spanish delight !!


We walk into town most days (or take the little red car) and pick one of the bar/restaurants by the marina, for refreshment, and to get a little shade. At one of the bars I have a new human mate, (who reminds us of one of our London friends) who brings me water and gives me nice sweet biscuits (look like the ones dad get with his coffee.) I get lots a nice cuddles and attention. she lives up in the mountains and has lots of dogs and a donkey, and other creatures, which sounds like a fun place. She was telling us one of her dogs is being helped to write a book, so I have literary competion. Will have to get a copy when it's published, bet it will be a fun read. I will get a picture of us when we go down next (watch this space). She has invited the three of us to an opening night at a new restaurant, so that will be fun (Thursday).


Our walk along the Playa on route to the Marina

I think there must have been a news announcement of my arrival in town on the radio station (Costa Calida International), I have never known so many people stopping us for a chat. Its getting like Venice last year, we can only go a few hundred yards without meeting new friends, but at least they all don't take my picture. We had a long chat with a family who have had Bernese for 20 years, they even asked what my pedigree name was, ( I don't often tell people I am Frankie Colnbrook and you understand why !). Still its fun, and I get to have a fuss, and lie down while they natter about me, often I have to get up and start pulling to get them away, so I can get a drink.


Outside cooking our frits in his new little toy frier, not allowed inside, so no cooking smells !

So not sure today's agenda, but I will involve, sun - walks - food - drinks - sun - walks - fun - walks - meeting people - sun - drinks - food. I cannot tell you in what order, just that this is the daily routine....... BLISS