Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm still here - but spaced out !

At last I get time at the computer to update my blog. Its been busy to say the least, some days I have only got 3 walks !.

And for the last few days we have been having 24 degs, so life at the cafe or bar would have been the first choice. (that was 5 days ago when I started this update - since we have had 2 days of cloud and rain and wind and even a day when mist came rolling in off the sea, and we could not see clearly all day. Now we are back to eating outside in 20+ deg at lunch [Wednesday], and I have just come back from the port and my cream dish..slurp !!)

I know its been a couple of weeks since I have been talking to you, but I have been keeping notes, so you miss nothing, and I have even more jokes stored for adding to the blog, to give you a smile during the "credit crunch" time.

So in reverse order (or NO order) what life is like in the Costa Colida. I am in heaven, each day I try new positions to stretch and each time in a new place. I have a new home, and there are 3 bedrooms, so I get one of my own, then there's the lounge, the terrace balcony, and if I get bored there's the huge roof solarium to spread out on. All the floors are tiled so me and my bits get the cooling effect, oh Priscilla you cannot offer the space I long for........ that's why your in the storage compound, while we enjoy SPACE, (and I hate to tell you, you are up for sale, on-line as I chat, the end of an era, the end of 15,000 km of fun, knowledge, new friends, laughs, tears, deep breaths, interesting places that many people never get round to seeing.

A panoramic shot taken from our lounge balcony



But for now we are in our new home (nearly dads say !!!!!!) in Mojon Hills Resort. With spectacular views of about 20 km of sea and coastline, and I can see all my doggy mates walking from my balcony, how cool is that. Dad has taken a few pics to show you where we are.

We are the second turret from left.



Down sides, there are a few. I have been left a couple of times while they have been in a BIG white van to IKEA, 8 trolley loads of things that took a couple of days with my mates Pat & Dave from the camp site to unpack and construct.......I did have my paws over my ears a couple of times, seems the instruction leaflets are not always clear !!!!! Actually as I remember its been three trips to Mercia for Ikea, not that I have ever seen the shop !

View from our favourite bar in the village.



I do have a new limousine though. Dads had to rent the car for another month, so decided to see if they had something to help with carrying stuff. They now have a "Popemobile", I jest not. It even has a space like a kennel at the back, ( I keep well clear). Its something like a Renault Kangoo in blood red, but I must admit there is far more room for me on the back seat. More window, but I am not going to wear a mitre on my head while being chauffeured (I have some standards).

The top floor Solarium, yet to be furnished.


The pool we share with the others in our small block



David and Alan were busy putting up 14 light fittings and getting all the kitchen equipment wired and plumbed up. One little problem, when Alan switched on the new oven the whole apartment went dark...... but after a few words I just understand, he got the wires correct in a European socket, and all was well. He also made another boob, when he went shopping he bought 6 eggs for the weekend breakfast. When he got home Guy said they looked a funny colour, and read the label - he had bought 6 hard boiled eggs, so no runny yolks for breakfast then......

Time to sit down after all the works done, a bit of comfort !.



I did not get off lightly during our move. On the day Priscilla was transferred to the compound, and we cleared our pitch, they got the last use out of our private loo/shower......ME.....I had to endure a full shampoo AND condition. I was in there for ages, but I did manage to wet EVERYBODY when I got out and had a good shake..... funny how I always get the last laugh..

A special trip was made into town, for "top range" audio equipment (so why they went to the Chino Bazaar was strange !) They need a radio to listen to Costa Calida Radio, so got the top model available !! €9, a dazzling stainless steel number !! its about the size of my paw, but when the plugged it into the new telly its sounds like one of their expensive ones back home....Credit crunch radio....

They have has so many visits to the bank, I've lost count, but on there last visit they came out smiling. Apparently the Managers office had an ancient typewriter (what ever that is) in the corner of his office. The Spanish Agent who was with dads said it was a top of the range Spanish Computer !!! No wonder its takes a long time for things to get done !!

Because we have been so busy, I did miss going out for dinner one night. My special restaurant La Cala, held a charity dinner, which I was invited too, but it was the big day at Ikea, so the poor things were knac***d, so we stayed at home, I don't think they were too bothered as it was with an entertainer, with dancing.....now even I cannot see them doing that !!!!


To keep things in harmony, now I don't have a "little red car", I do have a "little red cupboard". The new furniture has a red cupboard which is mine, all my food, and treats, in one place where I can keep an eye on. I like my little red cupboard.

Its also so nice when I am out being chauffeured. Everywhere is in flower, the landscape is covered in yellow daisy, red poppy and purple flowers, and they have been saying they must try to get to the Sierra Espuna National park, which is famous for its miles of Almond blossom during this month. As soon its the big festival - Mardi Gras, everywhere in Spain has a big event. I am not sure what its all about but if we are still here I guess I will find out, dads said it will be VERY busy, but I guess what they mean is a lot of may fan club will be visiting.......


At this end of this long post, I will leave you with a smile ( more jokes tomorrow) I know some of you will have heard this but it is funny.

--------------
A woman takes a lover home during the day while her husband is at work.
Her 9 year old son comes home unexpectedly, sees them, and hides in the bedroom cupboard to watch.


Just after getting into bed the woman's husband also comes home.
She puts her lover in the cupboard, not realising that the little boy is in there already.


After a little while the little boy says, 'Dark in here.'

The man, who obviously got a real fright not expecting to hear anything let alone from a little boy says, 'Yes, it is.'

Boy - 'I have a football.'

Man - 'That's nice.'

Boy - 'Want to buy it?'

Man - 'No, thanks.'

Boy - 'My dad's outside.'

Man - 'OK, how much?'

Boy - '£250'

In the next few weeks, it happens again that the boy and the lover are in the cupboard together.

Boy - 'Dark in here.'

Man - 'Yes, it is.'

Boy - 'I have football boots.'

The lover, remembering the last time, asks the boy, 'Ok how much this time ?'

Boy - '£350'

Man - 'Sold.'

A few days later, the boys' father says to the boy, 'Grab your boots and football, let's go outside and have a game of soccer.
The boy says, 'I can't, I sold my ball and boots.'


The father asks, 'How much did you sell them for?'

Boy - 'To a friend of mine for a £600.'

The father says, 'That's a terrible thing overcharging your friend like that 'That's four times what they cost when they were new, I'm going to take you to church and make you confess your terrible sin.'

They go to the church and the father makes the little boy sit in the confession booth and he closes the door.

The boy says, 'Dark in here'.

The priest says, 'Don't start that sh* t again you little pr*ck, you're in my f........ cupboard now'!!